Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Raise

So I got a raise at work for my 4 year anniversary with the company. Yayy! Kevin's first response was "awesome!! now we can get cable!!" He and I had been talking about living without cable at the new house for a while, at least until we got the hang of our new expenses. For now, the plan is for him to pay the entire monthly mortgage bill, and I will pay all the utilities (along with my enormous college debt). Since most of my bills are now variable, I really have no idea how much I'll be spending until I know what we use.

I told him that despite the raise, I still want to go without cable for a while and use my raise primarily for savings, and updating things I've been putting off for a while (my shoddy wardrobe for one). Kevin's solution to this debate: calling the cable company and ordering full out digital cable while I'm not around. denied.

K=1, M=0 :(

2 comments:

Nadine said...

No he didn't!?! Oh...bad husband!
;0)

Megan said...

Yeah I wasn't too happy about that, but we eventually settled the score. In exchange for me handling the monthly cable bill, he offered to pay off my last remaining credit card balance!