Sunday, January 10, 2010

fave finds: the contemporary kitchen

You have nooo idea how excited I am about moving in to our new house and using the huuge kitchen, even though right now it has a total "country kitchen" vibe to it (hello powder blue!), and kev and i are anything but country. Needless to say, we plan to do some serious (yet inexpensive) updating. Here are some of my favorite finds in the search for the perfect kitchen modernization plan...


I'm absolutely loving these tiny "fog" colored glass subway tiles in the backsplash from modwalls. K and I also have a big thing for white cupboards. We really like how clean, bright and cheery it makes the room look. Plus painting our current cupboards is our most affordable option at this point, rather than having to replace cupboards that are still in great shape :)


In this pic (http://www.marinkitchenco.com), I love the contrast between the dark wood floor and the white cabinets. It feels so clean without being too sterile. Little bright acessories bring the room to life. And I love the cute little hanging ceiling lamps: i. want. them.


This picture (http://javabali.info/) really makes me happy. It takes a seemingly cramped space and opens it up with freshness and light. Did i already mention that I am in love with white subway tiles? and the wood countertop looks gorgeous here and really warms up the space.



No comments: